I have a confession to make. After you read it, I will understand if associating with me is just too shameful.
We have not had a real family picture taken since Josh was about 16 months old. Yeah. Shameful. I know. Now if you have your thinking cap on, you will have already realized that Jake was not even a thought yet. Well, he was almost a thought, as he came 9 1/2 months later, but whatever.
The point is that we have not had a real family picture (that includes the Jake Man) in 5 years! Absolutely despicable, yes? I mean, we've taken family snap shots here and there, but nothing to me that really qualifies for a "family picture". And I'll let you in another dirty little secret...Jake has never been to have his own pictures taken. Oh the humanity! What kind of mother am I?
But tomorrow, that sad and pathetic little fact will all change. Yes, we are finally having a REAL family picture session! Lee is taking our pictures for us, and I cannot wait! I have seen some of her work, and she is FABULOUS! She loves what she does, and it really shows. So yes, after tomorrow we will no longer be losers in the photo department. (although we are great at being losers in other departments) Hopefully, the next time you come to our home, we will be proudly displaying our family photos that actually include all of us!
{Now if we have another baby, I can make no guarantees that it won't be another 5 years until the next family photo shoot}
Friday, November 16, 2007
It's about time
Posted by tharker at 6:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 Thoughts:
If it makes you feel any better... We haven't had family pictures ever. Lol.
I'm so excited to see them! Where will you be taking them? Do you have everybody's outfit planned? Do you already have the Christmas card pic taken? I can't wait to have a baby so I can send picture Christmas cards.
I have no comment.
:)
You are not alone. Although we've had a family picture done, it was about 2 1/2 years ago. And we havn't got any "professional" ones taken of Morgan yet. Lucky for Kendle she's in school now and gets school pictures every year. I'm excited to see your pictures when they are done. Is your friend that's taking them local?
You're not the only losers when it comes to family pictures. It's hard making that appointment, commiting to the chaos that must ensue when dressing up children, doing their hair and then hoping they stay that way long enough and actually smile all at the same time so you can get a decent picture. Not to mention the money spent when you actually see your beauties on film and you can't turn down even one of those prints. Good luck tomorrow, it's always worth it when you see that picture hanging in your family room every day. :-)
We are having them taken at a local park. I am so crossing my fingers for good weather. It's supposed to be overcast and slightly rainy. As long as we can avoid the rain, then I'm happy! I'm excited about the park because it is so beautiful right now with all of the fall colors...if that nasty windstorm last week didn't blow all of those gorgeous leaves away!
I just went today and picked out everyone's sweaters. I think they'll all look good together, but I guess we'll see for sure tomorrow! Oh and Shayla, for the reasons that you stated, that is EXACTLY why we haven't done them until now! I hope they turn out nicely. Of course, I'm also excited to get some goofy shots of the kids too, I always love those!
I am glad I'm not the only one! lol. That is on my to do list this holiday season, to get us all together for a family photo. Todd hates getting his picture taken, but I just love a family photo! :)
Well, the fact that you had braces doesn't exactly get one excited for family pics either. That is why we may wait a while longer for ours. I think we'll send out easter cards.... :)
Yeah... um... we were in this same boat. We didn't have a family picture with Baby Girl in it till recently. She's 4. So, um, yeah. I'm glad that Lee is taking the shots! She does do some amazing work and if we lived up that way still, I would have her take some pictures of us!!
Too funny. I hope the family picture turns out great!!
I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. The weather should be okay. Clouds are always good.. rain.. not so much. Unless you have some bright cute umbrellas. Pray for a warm day like today and no rain!!!
So every time we take a professional picture (cause we have 2 photographers in the family) they NEVER turn out! So we solely rely on snapshots! But I am guilty of YEARS of our kids not in photos!
I hope all goes well for your shoot and I expect to get one in my Christmas card!
Post a Comment