Monday, November 12, 2007

Over the river and through the woods, to Shriners Hospital we go

Yup, it's time for our twice annual trip up to Shriners in Spokane. We are heading up there today for a check up for the Jake Man. He loves going up there...I do not.

Don't get me wrong, his doctor is fantastic, the staff are amazing, they ALWAYS give my children brand spankin' new toys to take home, and I am in constant amazement that this hospital can do such great things all from the generous donations of others...

The trip can get old though.

Thankfully, the kids are all out of school today, so I didn't need to arrange rides, or babysitting for anyone. That's always a worry for me when we have to make these little jaunts to Spokane. I know I have tons of friends who are glad to help out, but it's nice not to have to worry about it.

Hopefully the appointment will be quick and we'll be out of there in a flash. Most of the time the doctors are pretty good about being on time. Although sometimes it just can't be helped. One time, we waited in the room for over an hour {after driving two} and when the doctor finally came in, he visited with us for about 8 1/2 minutes, and then sent us on our merry way to drive home.{another two hours with three children} Yeah, thanks doc! That was sure a fun way to waste 5 1/2 hours!

Have a great day! I'll be an easy rider in my van all the live long day!

6 Thoughts:

Kris said...

I hope you have a good day traveling with the kids. Good luck at the Dr. Appt. Those are never fun, but maybe today it will be better than last time! :)

AOlson said...

Have a good trip. I know this is just like a random post but I just learned how to blogg and am trying to get all set up. You are like my second comment! Hope you have a great day!

Terilyn said...

At least there's no stress of school and exact times to get back! Hope the weather is nice to you. It looks like it can't quite decide what it wants to do. I am so glad that Amy Olson is blogging/commenting with us. I just love her!

Emily said...

Good luck today!! Hope it all goes well.

Sarah said...

Hope everything goes well. At least you don't have to worry about rushing home because you have your kids with someone else. In bet everyone there thinks Jake is the cutest!

Melissa said...

I hope the traveling was uneventful and that the Dr. was prompt :)