Five years old. She had just started Kindergarten, when we decided to take a trip up to the lake for Labor Day. You can't accuse her of not knowing what to do in front of a camera!
Six years old. This was the first day of 1st grade. She was so nervous, but she had a great day! She's so dang pretty, isn't she?
Seven years old. 1st day of school again. I had already snapped several pictures, and she was getting kind of sick of it at this point. But she was a good sport, and let me have my fun.
Still Seven, but ALMOST Eight years old. This is her favorite picture from the family pictures! I have to agree with her, I love this one too.
Hannah is caring, compassionate, thoughtful, friendly, kind, and generous. She has had such a strong testimony of the gospel for a long time now, and it is growing even stronger. She loves to read her scriptures at night before bed. Tonight we were talking about prayer, and she told me how much she loves talking to Jesus before she goes to sleep. My heart nearly burst with joy. I am so proud of the beautiful, and talented young woman that she is turning into, and I love her more than I could ever truly express.
She will be baptized this weekend, and she is so excited to take this step. I know that she understands why it is so important, and even more than that, she is making this choice for herself. I am proud of her for that.
It's hard to believe that chubby cheeked little baby is now going to be 8 years old, and getting baptized. Wasn't it just yesterday that I would spend hours upon hours nursing her? I never understood how truly fast time travels until I became a parent. Her middle name is Joy, and I've always felt that it fit her so well. She is an absolute ray of sunshine to anyone she meets, and she brings so much happiness and joy to our family.


23 Thoughts:
This was fun to see all the pictures of Hannah! She is such a beautiful girl!
I did a slide show of Shayla's life to show during the time when she was changing, it amazes me that their personalities show through at such a young age!
I still can't believe how it seems like just yesterday were at the birthing classes.....CRAZY!
Ahh, winter of 99- I remember it well, first time back from college, I got in a big fit with Eric and sweet baby hannah was born. I am so happy you waited until we could all be there to have her. I CANNOT believe she is getting baptized!! Last night we were at a restaurant and a man came up to us and was talking about how fast kids grow up and he started getting teary eyed talking about his boy turning 18 and moving away soon. Little awkward, but touching. I think I am going to be the same way, even with my nieces and nephews- I remember that chubby cheek toddler Hannah, dancing around whenever there was music.
She is so beautiful, and I really wish we could be there for her baptism. I am so proud of the righteous young girl she is becoming.
I love you Hanna!
Well, I had to have her while you guys were there, cuz I couldn't have Eric calling me a "pumpkin on stilts" anymore! She was definitely the best Christmas present that I ever got!
We will be thinking of you, Monica, Shells, Eric and all of your families and be missing each of you at the baptism. We love you all so much. Thank you all for being such a wonderful family.
I too vividly remember when Hannah was born and visiting her in the hospital. Spencer looked so tired but you, Tiffani, had your hair done and make-up on. And you had her natural. That so impresses me, even more so now that I have gone through the child birthing process. I also remember the Brooke and Eric "fit" -- good memories.
Have a happy birthday Hannah. You have a great name, I've always loved it. Hannah is the name of one of Grandma H's favorite great aunts. You should ask Grandma about it. We'll be having birthday cake on your birthday, even though you won't be here (seriously, we are celebrating a couple of birthdays). We'll be thinking about you this weekend, taking such an important step in being baptised. We'll also be thinking of you singing karoake with your family and extended family (I think Tom is okay missing that one :)) We love you.
Oh, and Hannah, make sure you teach your aunt Brooke the proper way of spelling your name the next time you see her. "Hanna" The horror of it all.
I love to see baby pictures and you're right about being able to see little ones personalities so early on. Hannah is such a cute girl (takes after her mom) and I hope she enjoys her baptism and that it will always be a special memory for her.
I saw the misspell after i published the comment and even considered erasing it to fix it, but then I reasoned that I spelt it two times correctly in the comment, people weould understand it was a misprint- I do know the correct way to spell Hannah!
Lovely post Tiffani. She is such a sweet girl and it's been fun watching her grow.
Happy birthday Hannah Harker!
Does anyone know why I can't publish comments anymore unless i do it annoymously? It's driving me CRAZY!!!!
Karen
She is very sweet and precious.
WOW! Eight years old! That is so crazy. She looks like she was a happy baby and so care free. She is a beautiful child and I'm so excited to hear about her Baptism! Great Job Tiffani with raising a wonderful daughter that is choosing to be baptized. What an exciting weekend for your family!
I don't know Karen, that is really weird. Does it do to you even if you've already signed it to blogger before you commented?
Hannah is such a beautiful little girl! I totally remember her as a 3 year old! She was seriously the cutest little thing with those humongous blue eyes! Jeff and I moved in the ward and were made the sunbeam teachers right away! Now all our little sunbeams are baptized!! So crazy to me! Congrats, Hannah, on this wonderful event in your life!
I was just teasing Brooke. I saw that you spelled it correctly a couple of times.
Happy Birthday Hannah! She really is so beautiful, inside and out. It is crazy how fast time flies.
What a special day... enjoy it!
Happy Birthday Hannah!! Great pictures! I hope her baptism is perfect.
That is so great Hannah is eight. It was so wonderful to see all those great pics.
WOW! The time sure goes quickly. I can't believe she is 8. Happy Birthday!!!
What a great little girl! But I already knew that! I love Hannah and her quick smile. Happy Birthday Hannah from Mykie and Me and congratulations on your baptism. Wish we could be there, but just know that we love you and support you! Good job mom!
I was so lucky to witness your baptism last night! You are a very special girl! You are a great example to your family and friends! Thanks for teaching me to be a little kinder! Love you!
What wonderful pictures! My oldest was baptized in January and it was awesome! To see him come out of the water... just amazing. Congrats on this big event coming up! Such a great thing!
mom you and the smile is so funny.love hannah
Post a Comment