Thursday, January 31, 2008

3 posts. 1 day.

I guess those other two can't really count as actual posts can they? Oh well. What's done is done. So here's some randomness for you straight from my brain.

:: Josh is doing well. He actually could have gone to school today, but I decided to keep him home just to be on the safe side. Knock on wood...nobody else is sick...Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself with that announcement.

:: I went in search of new jeans today. Nothing. I repeat, nothing gets me more frustrated. I'm a short girl. Every pair of jeans that I try on must be made for giants with legs 29 miles long. Then let's top it off with the fact that my thighs didn't even fit into half of the jeans that I tried on. So basically, even though I know it's not true, every pair of jeans that I tried on, made me feel short and chubbers. So annoying! However, there is light at the end of this tunnel. I found a pair of jeans! They fit great, and the wash is good. I just want a simple dark wash without any rips, embellishments, or crazy fading---I'm a mother of 3, people. I'm not 17 anymore!! They are not too long. Basically they were perfect. And guess where I got them? Actually I really shouldn't admit where I got them from. Okay, I will. I found them at WalMart of all places! I cannot even believe how much I love these jeans. So yeah, I'm sportin a pair of Nobo's {No Boundaries} and I may just go and get some more!

:: After reading this girl's post about name-a-like's, I started thinking, and finally figured out my name-a-like. Growing up, there were no other Tiffani's around. I was the lone girl. I also hated my name when I was a child. I don't even know why. I think it's because everyone else had names like Jenn, or Kim, or Kristi. I just wanted one of those normal names. My aunt actually named me, and I'm quite lucky that she did. My mother wanted to name me Sarissa Renee. Thankfully while my mom was still out of it after her C-section, my aunt convinced her of the atrocity of the name and out of frustration my mom told her to just pick something then! So here I am. Tiffani. It's grown on me through the years, especially in the late 80's when that one singer came singing in all the malls. Yeah, I thought I was REALLY cool then! In high school, I only had a couple of boyfriends. My very first boyfriend had a dog. It was a cute little white, yippy, snappy, bite-y poodle. Guess what it's name was? Yup. I share the name with a poodle, and a mean one at that! The sad thing is, that was not the only Tiffani poodle I met. There were more. Several more. Unfortunately, lots of people think it's really adorable to don this monikor on their yippy little dog. That's it. That's my name-a-like.

:: And now I'm done.

14 Thoughts:

Melissa said...

3 posts in one day? That's pretty normal for me. I have a problem... I admit it. I'm addicted to blogging. I wish I could say that I'm in a recovery program, but that would be a lie. A big one.
I'm glad you found jeans that you love! I went on the same hunt not long ago and found some at Kohls. And I agree with you on the frills - I don't want holes in my pants. That's why I'm buying NEW pants...

Jan said...

Bet you look great in the jeans and glad you found the perfect pair. I love poodles. That is a cute look a like, OOps I mean name a like story I have ever read. Love the new blog look too.

Kim said...

Jean hunting is exasperating! I get annoyed that I can't figure out what size I am. I wish I could grab a size 8 anywhere in a women's section and slide them on. But noooooo.... I have to try a gazillion different sizes and in the process my self-esteem takes a dive. Its a funny thing how you can get into a smaller size in one brand but have to wear a bigger size in another. Its got to be some kind of marketing scheme and it drives me BATTY! I've been tempted to splurge and get an expensive pair but I can't, just can't, spend over $100 on a pair of blue jeans.

Lee said...

See I have the opposite problem, my legs are so long that I can't find them long enough. I never think you can't find them short enough.
And I love your name. I have always had a good friend named Tiffani/y LOVE IT! I have yet to meet a Tiffani/y I don't love.

tharker said...

Aww, thanks Lee. Right back at 'cha. Now that I'm sort of a grown up, I really do like my name. It just took me a while to get here.

Kim, I saw something on the Today Show once about "Vanity Sizing". The clothing companies are putting lower numbers on their labels, to make us women think that we can fit into those smaller sizes. (Which I'm so not complaining about! Who doesn't want to fit into a pair of 2's when they're really a 6/8?) My complaint is the same as your's. All of the brands have different ways of sizing, therefore making jean shopping a horrendous outing! There needs to be a universal sizing chart, and every company should comply to it. That's my two cents anyway.

Jan- You. Are. Hilarious.

Marilyn said...

I hear ya on the jeans, always frustrating.

3 posts in one day? That must be a record or something, just kidding.

Thompson Family said...

You so crack me up! I guess I base all my Tiffani's on you since you were the first I knew - should have known I would love the blue box as much as I love you :-)

Lets not start on jeans! Because when you are CHUBBY, jeans really do show all the chub, flab, oh forget it.. FAT! So glad you found a pair you love.

Shells said...

I hate jean shopping too. My problem is that the average length are always too short and the tall jeans are always too tall. I think a lot of people have problems with finding the right fit, not just, shall we say "shorter" people. :) But I can imagine that it would be much more frustrating. You could take Staci and Clint's advice: visit a tailor. Of course, who really does that or wants to spend their money on that????

emahaf said...

There is nothing more frustrating then finding a pair of jeans, during christmas I went on the hunt. There is nothinng that boosts your self esteem, or kills it then trying on a pair of jeans. Congrats on the walmart find, I may have to take a look myself one of these days. I am glad the Josh is feeling better, hopefully none of your other kids will come down with the bug.

Heather said...

Oh, jean shopping is horrid.

::lindsay said...

I don't like jean shopping either...or bra shopping...or swimsuit shopping.

Brooklet said...

Funny, shells, that you are on first name basis with staci and clint.

I am praying that the stomach flu does not visit my family. We all had it last year and I wanted to die. that is almost not an exaggeration.

Glad you found jeans, except for walmart? I am boycotting walmart- mostly because their company is so crappy- the help? could they BE less helpful. I haven't purchased a pair of jeans in over two years. I think its time.

Kris said...

Your name has always been one of my favorites. I loved the name Tiffani, and I especially love the way you spell yours! So unique!

Jean Shopping. Not fun! But at least you found a great pair! So cool! I hope your family continues to get better!

Anonymous said...

I don't know about a name-alike, but have you ever noticed that all the bratty, snotty, mean girls in books and movies are always named Jessica? I mean, really!