Thursday, January 03, 2008

Grumpy, grumpy, grumps

I'm grumpy today and dangit, I'm proud of it!

Here is my reason for said grumpiness:

No sleep last night due to:

a.) Snoring husband

b.) Sweet four year old little boy who woke up repeatedly yelling, "I hate this stupid dream!"

Yeah. Awe. Some.

17 Thoughts:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you've got every right to be grumpy. Extremely totally grumpy. Enjoy the grumpiness! Embrace it... there's nothing like a grouchy day to make the next day seem a little better!
Here's to a good night's sleep tonight!!

Sarah said...

I feel too sleep deprived today to even muster up some grumpiness, but I feel for you. Got to love those snoring husbnands and children's nightmares. It's pretty bad that my baby sleeps better than my five year old. Here's to a nap this afternoon if you can?!

PRP said...

That sucks. I hope you get a nap this afternoon!

Fro one grump to another...

Sarah said...

I meant husbands. See? Brain cells are diminishing as I write.

Kris said...

I want to join the grumpy club today too! I'm going to take a nap this afternoon to see if it will help! I hope your day is better tomorrow! :)

Ms. Kristen said...

Chocolate? Cinnamin Rolls? Something warm and comforting to eat....I know, I know, I use food as a healer.....try it!

tharker said...

Oh yeah, I'm all about comforting myself with food. As in, I don't really know if I should admit just how many chocolate chip cookies I have downed today! But they sure do make me feel good!

Lee said...

I hate days like that. I didn't sleep well either. I tossed and turned all night, then Randy let the alarm snooze FOREVER. Drove me batty.

Thompson Family said...

And the grey day has helped a lot right :-) I am just so in need of sunshine! At least when the sun is out I can much more easily PRETEND to be a little cheery.

::lindsay said...

I have a husband who snores all night too. It is not conducive to a good night's sleep.

Anonymous said...

I've just caught myself up on your blog. I love reading them. your life is so entertaining! Sorry about last night. Must have been in the air. my night was bad with Adalyn waking up every half hour. Her nose was stuffy, hard to breathe. I laughed so hard about the hot dogs, but actually, it is quite useful information! Well, goodnight grumpy! Happy sleeping.

Heather said...

Love it!! Brynns pulled the same stunt a few nights back... so stinky. At least Jake's was funny.

Kristi said...

I'm sorry, waking up several times last night in part due to Jake's bad dream must not have been amusing to you at all. But written down, it sounds hilarious! Hope you get better sleep tonight! (And sweet dreams for him.) Side note: I had to use ear plugs after Michael's sinus surgery, but my "mommy instinct" still kicks in for the kids...

Terilyn said...

Lack of sleep is a real contibuter to crankiness. I tried to get Brigam to sleep all the way home from SLC to Kennewick (just to stop my favorite question, "are we there yet?") I even used, "Close your eyes NOW and GO TO SLEEP!" When has yelling "GO TO SLEEP" ever made anyone slumber peacefully?

MadMadameMim said...

So sorry your grumpy, I think it is just the after Holidays thing. My whole house has been stumbling around in a daze since we got home this week. Maybe we'll recover by next Monday :)

Elizabeth said...

Man, I hate not getting sleep!

I hope you got some good rest last night. Being a mother makes sleep so unpredictable.

Jessica said...

I've had to wear ear plugs for a while now or else I would never get a good nights sleep! They don't totally block out all the sound but muffle it, so that as he stops and starts snoring it isn't quite so -wake me up- startling. Believe me I can still hear my kids yelling!