Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm back, with pictures to boot!

I'm back from my blogging break, so you can all jump for joy now! It was a nice week off. We had a great Saturday, filled with tons of candy, some bellyaches (hence, the candy) egg dying, and hunting, cousins, games, and of course good food and family.


Easter Sunday was wonderful. We had our ward conference. The talks were great, and the music was beautiful. I love Easter. Not so much for the candy and eggs {we still do it though, because it's fun for the kids} but for the remembrance of Jesus Christ and His Resurrection. I loved being able to read the March issue of The Ensign before Easter. It really helped to put me in the right frame of mind.


We spent the rest of the day with Spencer's parents for dinner. Of course you know that one of my favorite parts of Easter also has to be the food! Thanks Wileen for the marvelous dinner! I ate way too much, but it was delicious. Now, for your blogging pleasure, here are some snap shots of my kiddos in their Easter attire. It's total torture for them to sit while I snap away, but it's for posterity's sake right? Plus, I figure, I only have a good couple of years left, where they will still let me coordinate the Easter clothes, so I have to make the best of it!


This was by far, my favorite Easter outfit. I loved the orange vest, and based Hannah and Josh's clothes on the colors in Jake's outfit. I know, I'm silly, but dang they were cute!




He is so handsome! He hates me taking his picture though, so it took a while to get a decent one.




Hannah however, loves to have her picture taken! She kept doing all these funky poses, and I had to tell her to relax! I found this skirt at Target for 8 bucks. Hannah had requested that I not buy her a "little girl's" Easter dress this year. I guess she feels she is too old for that. So this is what we came up with, and we both loved it!




Okay, I had to put this one in here, because I can never get through a picture session with my kids without one of them doing this. It's just too funny not to show!



Aah, finally one with all of them smiling together. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

31 Thoughts:

Lisa Christine said...

Love the outfits! That orange is fabulous.
Welcome back to the blogging world :)

Kate said...

aww, beautiful pictures!!

Heather said...

Wow, so 8 is the age they are over little girls dresses? I guess I better get my fix in over the next few years.

Jessica said...

Super cute pictures!! I love crying pictures of my kids, mean I know, but like you, at the end one is always crying!!

polka dots said...

Love Jake's orange vest. Cute family!

PRP said...

The last picture is beautiful. And of course Jake crying, love that too!

Casee said...

You have such beautiful children! I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful Easter weekend. And I am glad to see you back!

Lee said...

Love the pictures, especially the orange vest. So cute! We had a great Easter too.

Kris said...

I'm so glad that you posted a picture of Jake Crying. Makes me feel better about my own pictures! Love the orange and blue combo. Very nice! Glad you had a great weekend, and yea, for having the same dinner! So yummy! Your kids are adorable!

Sarah said...

I love the color combo, orange is one of my favorite colors. Your kids all look so great. We had some crying over pictures ourselves yesterday. Isn't life fun?

Jan said...

I long for Wileens food. Yummy. Glad you had a nice week off. Your kids are so growing and they have the best smiles. They warm me up. I love the orange vest as well. And that the tie matches and skirt matches. What did you wear? Yesterday was a special day really. I feel that Ensign was the best yet. I have really felt the spirit from that. Have a great week Tiff.
Jan

tharker said...

Jan,
I didn't match my kids at all, but I was okay with that. I wore my favorite Navy blue dress with white flowers, and of course my red heels! I LOVE those things! Several people at church have made "Dorothy" and "Ruby slippers" references to my shoes. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the kids clothes, they looked so cute. Kim was in charge of taking pictures so I doubt I have any of them together. Thanks for coming on friday.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Cute orange vest, everyone looks adorable. Doesn't food, on a holiday, eaten with family, that someone else makes, always taste better. Wileen, I know, is an amazing cook.

Jodi said...

You have very CUTE kids!! They looked adorable in their Easter clothes. I so wish I could buy Easter dresses - how fun!

tharker said...

Thank you Jodi. So funny, I just looked at your blog today for the first time. I was going to leave a comment, but didn't know if you would remember me! I'm so silly!

meohmyers said...

So so cute! Love the colors and your kids are just adorable! I feel the same way about coordinating their Easter outfits! Don't know how much longer my boys will be willing participants!

I need Wileen's homemade roll recipe. That would have been the perfect touch to our dinner last night!

meohmyers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meohmyers said...

Sorry, that was me. My comment published twice. hate it when that happens!

::lindsay said...

Love the pictures of the kids! Glad you got that outfit for Jake. He looks handsome in it. Hannah and Josh look good too!

Sara said...

I love there outfits, I got my boys outfits at target as well. Happy Easter

Adolescent Family said...

Super Adorable! I can not say enough about Wileen's food. I have only had the pleasure a couple of times, but WHAT A COOK! So glad you all had a great Easter. :)

Jeff said...

I love the pictures, especially the last one. Very cute. Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Yea! We were pretty happy over here too.

Kim said...

Oops! I was signed in under my hubbies name.

dandee said...

I can't believe how big your children are getting! Love the pictures!

hatch said...

Your kids are so cute! That picture of Jake crying just makes me want to hug him! I am a little sad to hear that at 8 little girl easter dress are not cool. I will have to make the most out of the next few years. I love Hannahs skirt though. I am glad that you had a wonderful Easter.

tharker said...

Kim,
I was sad too when she said that she didn't want a little girl Easter dress. There is something so sweet and darling about those dresses. What's next? Will she think that her mom is no longer cool? Oh, I hope that one stays away for a very long time! Kids are just growing up way too fast these days.

Cecilia said...

Cute kids!!! I love the picture of the 3 of them together!!!We also had a fun Easter!!!

Shells said...

I always get nastalgic (Sp?) for home when I hear you describing holidays with the fam. Thanks for the pictures and I'm glad you had a good Easter.

Annette Rose said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Where is time going? I still remember holding Hannah is Relief Society when she was a baby, before I even had kids! Man, she is beautiful and the boys are so cute! (I get the same crying picture, every time!)

Melissa said...

Your kids are darling! I didn't even take pictures of all my kids together... sad, eh?