Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's FINALLY out

Who knew that when this boy first announced last AUGUST that his top tooth was loose, it would take a whopping 9 MONTHS to come out? Several times a day, Josh would ask me to check his "wigglies" for him. And several times a day, I would have to tell him that it STILL was not ready yet.

Well, last night, he decided that enough was enough. It was pretty wiggly, but I still wouldn't say it was ready to pop out yet. Josh chose to take matters into his own hands. (Literally) He pulled and wiggled, and worked on that puppy all evening long. Just as we were finishing up prayers, he asked if he could try it once more. Sure, why not? Well, what d'ya know, he yanked it out!

He went to bed a very happy boy, wondering just what the Tooth Fairy would bring him. He was requesting all sorts of toys and other "stuff", when I told him that the old T.F. only packs coinage in her rucksack. I guess money will just have to do.

Look for a follow-up post regarding loose tooth number 4 coming around Christmas time...I'm sure it will take that long!


On a completely un-related note:
I finally figured out how to make a 3 column template. This girl has come a long way from asking Lindsay how to copy and paste!

16 Thoughts:

Kris said...

Isn't it frustrating to be a kid and keep waiting for those teeth to fall out?? Tyler will wiggle his for weeks. 9 months of wigglyness is probably a record. Josh is a cute kid.

PRP said...

Hooray for Josh!

I want to know how to make a three column template....

Brooklet said...

Yeah for Josh! Morgan was born in August, so that means if his loose tooth was a baby, it would be crawling by now. Just a point of reference for ya.

And I, too, want to learn how to make a three column template. That is big stuff!

tharker said...

I just googled "Instructions on how to make a 3 column blogger template" (Thank goodness for Google!!!)

This is the site that I used:
http://www.zimbio.com/Free+Blogger+Beta+Template/articles/40/Create+three+column+Blogger+template

It involves changing some of the HTML, and I had to try it a few times before I got it right, but his instructions are fairly easy to follow. Just make sure that you hit preview before you save any changes, that way you'll know if you like the look of things.

Good luck chicas!

tharker said...

Okay, I can't see all of the link, so I'll try this again.

http://www.zimbio.com/Free+Blogger+Beta+Template/articles/40/Create+three+column+Blogger+template

Heather said...

It looks great...

I can't believe that tooth hung in there that long.

::lindsay said...

Yea Josh! I can totally picture him so excited.

I'm impressed you did a 3 column template. Good for you.

Casee said...

Wow, that tooth just didn't want to come out, did it? Hooray for Josh!

Way to go on learning more about html, I need to spend sometime doing the same, my blog is so boring! Looks great!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Your blog really does look fabulous.
That little tooth didn't want to budge. I bet he is so excited. The toothfairy that stops here used to leave small gifts, but then she regretted it because that's a hard one to keep up on. Stick with the coinage.

Sarah said...

I think every kid that age is desperately trying to lose a tooth so that darn tooth fairy will finally come see them. And I love a toothless smile on kids! He looks so cute.

Sara said...

Way to go on losing the tooth, and 9months is really long. Ya for learning a new template skill. I will have to use your link!

Lisa Christine said...

That tooth....it really didn't want to let go! I have never heard of a tooth staying in that long after it had started its loosening.

I love the new 3 collumn template. It makes good use of the page space. I also love the brown and blue...one of my favorite color combinations :)

Ms. Kristen said...

I love Josh! He is so fun! I loved how he yelled my name out in Yokes the other day! He made my day! He is the kinda guy that will be very approachable adult....great missionary! Way to go Josh! How much did you get from the TF?

tharker said...

Thank you SISTER HATCH! Don't you love that he yelled that? "Hi Sister Hatch" in his loudest (well actually it's a pretty normal tone for him) voice. I thought it was pretty cute though.

He got 50 cents. When he woke up this morning, he came running into my room and said, "Mom, the Tooth Fairy turned my tooth into dimes!"

meohmyers said...

Such a cutie!!! Love those toothless grins! I also love the 3 columns! Look at you, HTML master!

Jodi said...

I really like the 3 columns. I'm new to all this technology - so it kind of intimidates me. Maybe I'll try one day... And I'm happy to hear that your TF gives about the same as our TF. I never know what to say when my kids ask, "How come ________ got $5 from the TF and we only get $1???"