A couple of weeks ago at school, Hannah's class was discussing anger. I guess one of their "specials" at school along with P.E. , Library, Art, etc...is a weekly visit with the Counselor. The whole class. I thought it was odd at first, but I guess it's a good thing. It's important for kids to know how to deal with all of these crazy emotions that we as human beings are equipped with.
I guess I just thought it was my job as a parent to teach these things at home....Hopefully we are doing a good enough job at home, that this little weekly trip to the Counselor will only be a refresher course.
Anyway, she brought home this paper and even though it was all about anger, it made me laugh, so I thought I'd share it. Here is an overview of the paper:
What Makes Me Angry?
1. Some things that make me a LITTLE angry are:
(Hannah's answer) LITTLE BOYS
2. Some things that make me VERY angry are:
(Hannah's answer) KINDERGARTEN BOYS
3. Some things that make me BOILING MAD are:
(Hannah's answer) MY BROTHERS
So, there you have it. Hannah's brothers are apparently the bane of her existence. She is always telling me that it is so unfair that she is the only girl, and that it is just too hard to be nice to TWO brothers. I try to be understanding, as I was the only girl among 3 brothers. But sometimes, I just have to sneak into another room and have a silent chuckle. I feel her plight, I really do, but dang it's funny sometimes.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
A peek inside Hannah's mind
Posted by tharker at 11:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 Thoughts:
Ha ha that is so funny and so cute! Hannah is such a sweet girl!
Wow, she really is a man-hater!
That's priceless. Dumb old boys.
oh, that is so funny :) I don't think those types of answer will ever go away. Boys still make me angry, and my brother still makes me boiling mad!
Hopefully she'll be despising boys for many years to come. That's one smart girl!
Hannah! Cooties are real.
Wow, Hannah's crazy for those boys, ey? She'll learn in time to appreciate them, I mean if it weren't for boys...who would we have to blame things on?!! ;) I must say this world of blogging is quite the crazy one, much like the real one; so small.
Hey Lisa! Thanks for your comment.
I agree. Blogging does make the world a bit smaller.
Welcome to my little corner ;)
Too funny! Sydnee has the same problem with being the only girl. One day this little girl will love them more than ever.
I feel her pain. I was the oldest and only girl too.
This is so funny.
This makes me smile. It's so darn cute.
That is hilarious!! You have to save that paper to show her when she is older :)
I remember feeling the same way at that age. I was the only girl in my family for a long time and my brothers were always a pain in the neck when we were younger. I still think boys have cooties. HA!
Well, boys can be infuriating sometimes! What a cute story.
I agree with Hannah... boys will make you crazy ;)
That's too cute! I'm sure it will be that way for awhile...
That was was funny! I have a couple girls that could definitely relate with her. Just remind her that there are perks to being the only girl!
Hannah is just realist. And she has a good idea of what the future holds.
That is so funny, I love the list. It is hard being the only girl, I hope aleah can survive, not only being the youngest but being the only girl.
That's so funny! I sometimes feel the same way. But at least she has you - I'm ALL ALONE in this family!
Post a Comment