Thursday, April 17, 2008

Things that are making me smile

This picture has been on my husband's mind for a very long time. He frequently peruses Deseret book's website for good books,and one day he came across this gorgeous piece of framed art. It has been on his wish list for a while now, and today I granted his wish. I told him he could order it. It will grace the walls of our living room with it's quiet beauty in just a few short days. Making him smile is making me smile today.


I will be making Strawberry Freezer Jam this afternoon. I am all out of my stock from last year. The thought of smothering it on a fresh slice of homemade bread is making me grin from ear to ear.


Last, but certainly not least is the fact that I will be making MORE bread today. Yes, I have made bread for the last two days, but I gave away the three loaves that I made yesterday. It is so delicious, and easy that I think it might become part of my daily routine...maybe. Anyway you slice it, this bread is making me smile ever so big today.

18 Thoughts:

hatch said...

Yummy strawberry jam! I need to make my supply too. I will be making that bread really soon. Thanks for sharing!
Oh and I want that picture soo bad. It is beautiful. You are so nice to let Spencer get it. It will look beautiful in your living room.

Jodi said...

That picture is beautiful!! I've never seen it before - and I LOVE it! And jam and bread sound YUMMY!

Jodi said...

By the way, do you share your "famous cinnamon roll" recipe? I'd love to try it if you do!

Naomi said...

SMILES! :D It's been awhile since I have stopped by! I see you are just as cheerful as ever! :)

::lindsay said...

Nothing is better on freshly baked bread than homemade strawberry jam. Yummy!

Marilyn said...

Making freezer jam is on my list as well, but I will have to do it tomorrow, because I didn't get it done today. There is nothing quite as rewarding as making freezer jam, and knowing that your family will enjoy it for months and months.

That picture is beautiful, good choice Spencer!

Kelly said...

I'm laughing because I just finished making a batch of strawberry freezer jam about 7 minutes ago! Yummy stuff. Unfortunately, I'll be spreading it on a piece of store bought bread... :)

Jan said...

Every time I have stepped outside these last few days, I have smelled the aroma of bread baking. It has driven me insane trying to find the source. And to think that the source was coming from a friends house. I could have driven there and gotten a big piece of love bread with frozen jam on it? My oh my. I am so excited about this recipe. I am not a bread maker at all, but need to be. I am so glad to see a recipe that maybe could actually work out. Its a very scary thing for me. Its like it makes or breaks your homemaking skills, so I just don't try. Thanks for the push and cheerleading. You must have been a great cheerleader huh?

tharker said...

Jodi,
Of course I share the recipe!! I posted it a few months ago. Here is the link:
tharker.blogspot.com/2007/10/try-it-you'll-like-it.html

I know that the entire link isn't showing up in this comment, but if you highlight it and copy it then you should still be able to paste it into your search engine. I'm pretty sure the link is right. If not, just go to my October posts and look for the post titled, "Try it, you'll like it".

tharker said...

Sorry Jodi. Here is the right link:
tharker.blogspot.com/2007/10/try-it-youll-like-it.html

tharker said...

Welcome back Naomi. Good to see you again!

Jan,
You are welcome to drop by tomorrow and snag a thick slice of bread. I am serious.

Kelly,
That is hilarious. To think that we were both stirring, stirring, stirring at the very same moments!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I saw that EXACT picture when I was looking through a catalog at Christmas time. It absolutely takes my breath away, I love the red against the white temple. It's gorgeous.

Sarah said...

I bet your kids think you are the best mom. Coming home to fresh baked bread that fills the house with the best aroma and home made jam to go with it. Lucky!

tharker said...

Funny thing Sarah. My kids keep asking where the white bread is. They don't care about the lovely homemade bread, they just want their Snyder's back!

I do also think it's kind of funny that the breadman's wife is obsessed with making bread ;)

Lisa Christine said...

OK, i think that you should have a freezer jam giveaway of some sort. We desperately need some. Last August my mother in law made my husband a 'years supply' for his birthday. Needless to say that it's all gone (it only lasted 6 months). Maybe I'll get ambitious and make my own this year. And I think I'll try that bread too.

Kris said...

That picture is beautiful. I bet you can't wait to have it in your home. I LOVE homemade Jam, and that's all we eat in this household. YUMMY! Bread 3 days in a row?? Are you kidding me?? You are awesome. I hope your family gets to enjoy these loaves!

Jan said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't even realize that picture was the temple. I LOVE IT TOO!! Gorgeous Tiffani.

Casee said...

Oh, I love that piece, it is beautiful. And there is nothing better than fresh jam on fresh bread. Yumm...