Friday afternoon as I was talking on the phone with Lindsay, I sort of had a mini breakdown and started balling. I was just having one of those days, and she was the ever so lucky one that got to listen to me cry. It was that pathetic cry where I couldn't really breathe. In fact, I think at one point she even told me that she couldn't understand me because I was sobbing so much.
We talked for a few minutes more and she said all the right things that a good friend does when someone is having a sad, crazy moment. I completely appreciated her sweet words, and after we hung up I thought some more about the conversation, and realized that I actually felt a little bit better after having talked about what was bothering me.

Not 10 minutes later I heard a knock on my door, and there stood Lindsay with these.

She also had one of these in hand.
Well, I bet you can guess what I did next. Yup. I lost it. Again. I was floored by the thoughtfulness of this wonderful friend, who literally dropped what she was doing and came to give me some much needed cheer. To her, I'm sure it was just something simple, but to me it was huge. It really made me day so much better. Of course, now that I have had time to think about it, I'm not surprised at all that she did this. She's Lindsay. That's what she does. She doesn't announce it to everyone, but this is who she is. Wonderful, thoughtful, will do anything that she can for her friends and family, Lindsay. Thank you again Linds. You truly are one of the best.
22 Thoughts:
aww, that is so nice. Lindsay is one of those people, shes fantastic :)
I think everyone needs to have a friend like that.
I hope your day went better and you feel better!!
The more I'm getting to know Lindsay, I can see how thoughtful and sweet she is. And you're right, she does things in a quiet way. That is a good friend right there to make a dash to your house to cheer you up.
Tiffany - that was so neat. Flowers, cookies and a very dear friend. I hope you are doing better. That Lindsay is a sweetheart. I know who to call when I need a good cry. Love You!
Lindsay is so sweet! That is so thoughtful. I am sure it had to make you feel better.
Lindsay is the best friend a girl can have. Part of my wants to tell you to keep it under wraps. We don't want any competition Tiffani, but I know we have to share her. She is just that good.
I'm glad she was there to cheer you up when you were having a down day!
Lindsay is awesome. I'm so glad she was there when you needed her. Bummer days are no fun! I hope you are feeling better today. ((HUGS))
So, she must have loaded her kids in the car and jumped right to it. That really is amazing and a wonderful example to all. Hope your feeling a little cheerier (is that a word?) today.
Take Care.
Everyone needs a friend or two like that. I am glad she was there to send some cheer your way!
I'm so glad she was there to help you out! Friends like that are so awesome to have!!
Lindsay is the best. I'm glad she could help when you were feeling blue. She would do anything for anyone. She's just that awesome.
That is so thoughtful. I almost started crying when I read your post. If I had cried a little harder, I would have called Lindsay! Hope you're doing better. A good cry is always helpful, I've found. It's always nice to know you're loved too!
That's a great feeling when you know someone not only say's they care, but shows you too!
You are lucky to have a friend/friends that would drop everything when you are in need.
What a lucky lady you are to have such an amazing friend.
Thanks for the nice words. I'm really glad I helped you feel better the other day. Aren't those cookie sandwiches yummy! They could make anyone feel better about anything.
Really Lindsay, that cookie sandwich was AMAZING! All 24 grams of fat of it!
I'm so glad that you know me so well to know that food can always make this girl feel better!
I wonder if we pick our best friends in heaven?
Oh I hate to hear about sadness, I hope you are feeling better and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has break downs
Oh I hate to hear about sadness, I hope you are feeling better and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has break downs
All a person needs, is a friend that will listen, understand, and make you feel better. Bringing some flowers and a treat even makes her a GREAT friend. Lindsay, you are so thoughtful, and I'm real glad that we are friends too!
What a nice thing to do Lindsay! I love it when people show you how much they care about you! I think my hubby and kids have heard all to often from me, actions speak louder than words!
That is a true friend, the best kind!
Post a Comment