Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good Eats.

I made this meal for dinner tonight. Oh...holy mama, Crispy Chicken Costoletta is my new best friend! I tried it for the first time last week at The Cheesecake Factory and haven't been able to stop thinking about it ever since. (do I have a problem when it comes to food? YES.)

I found a copycat recipe HERE but based on the comments, I changed a few things. I was nervous though that it wouldn't turn out right. I was especially nervous about the Lemon Cream sauce. In my opinion, the sauce is what makes this dish so delicious. I am happy to report that it turned out perfect! As in, I was licking the pan, perfect. Yes it's true. I am shameless.

{my altered version of the recipe can be found HERE}


What did we have for dessert you ask? Reese's Chocolate Cookies. A big thank you shout out goes to Brooke for posting the recipe HERE. They are yummy, yummy, yummy. If you are any sort of a fan of the chocolate and peanut butter combo, then you MUST make these cookies. Like...right now!

Just don't ask me what the calorie count is for today...I'm in denial...and I like it that way.

16 Thoughts:

PRP said...

I'd like some for lunch tomorrow, you know, if you have any left overs!

Janiece said...

That looks wonderful!
thanks for sharing.

tharker said...

Hi Janiece. Welcome!!

Stacia said...

I am going to try that, it sounds yummy! Do you have a good recipe for the mashed potatoes? The last few times I have made them they have been different each time.

I think it's so funny how we all take photos of random things and our food. When it hailed I ran outside and took a photo of it and a neighbor saw me getting close to the ground to take a photo and I felt so silly. I know my mom never took a photo of a meal she made.I often take a photo of the food at family get-togethers and can remember the night so much better by just the food and the way the table was set up! So I wonder how the kids of our generation will look back on it and it will just be normal to them?

Oh, and I believe there will be chocolate and peanut butter in heaven. Because it's divine!

tharker said...

Stacia,
It's funny, I always find myself taking pictures for my blog. Isn't that silly? But I guess it's still better than I used to be. I hardly ever took pictures, so at least this gives me a reason ;)

These potatoes were actually Potato Pearls. (shhhh...don't tell anyone ;) I didn't have time to peel potatoes tonight, so I decided to use these instead. I don't love instant potatoes, but if I'm going to have them, then these are the ones I always choose. They have a sort of buttery/garlic flavor, so it went perfectly with the meal.

I haven't found a good recipe for roasted garlic mashed potatoes yet, but I am on the hunt. I'll let you know if I find a good one.

Amy said...

Um, you can certainly afford some calories!
Those cookies ARE delicious, and some of my FAVORITE.
That dinner looks soooooo good. I just canNOT make breaded anything to save my life! It never turns out right for me. But maybe I'll give this a try.

Lee said...

That looks delish!! I am going to have to make this. BTW Did you know I am there next week?

Sarah said...

Looks yummy! I will have to try this out.

Kris said...

I want to make this. Those cookies look so delicious too.

hatch said...

This looks sooo yummy!

Heather said...

That looks good, and not so gigantic as The Cheesecake Factory. YUM.

Brooklet said...

I can vouch for the cookies, they are dangerously good.

as for the mashed, I actually love instant potatoes, I prefer them to the real, unless the real have cheese and onions and cream cheese and stuff in it. Have you tried Pioneer womans baked mashed potatoes- soooo good!

Casee said...

That dinner looks and sounds amazing! I might have to try making that. And those cookies are to die for... I might make some tonight!

tharker said...

Brooke,
I've wanted to try PW's mashed potatoes for a while. I'm a huge fan of cream cheese in mashed potatoes, but I've never tried them baked after they've been mashed. I'm glad to hear that you like them. It always gives me a bit more courage to try a new recipe when someone I know has tried it and gives it the old 2 thumbs up!

Nicole said...

YAY! Thank you. I've been thinking about this meal all week too. Maybe I will make it this week sometime. Thanks for trying it out and sharing your new version. AWESOME!

Nicole said...

Just have to say thank you one more time. I made it for dinner tonight - paired with Mel's garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli with carrots. Umm, yeah, we have a new favorite to add to our list. It was SO good.