Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Cleaning.

One of the great things about having the kids home for Spring Break is the amazing amount of work we can get done on a Monday morning. And of course all of this cleaning and organizing today means lots and lots of time left to PLAY during the rest of the week. Not only did the kids all help out this morning, but they were HAPPY to do it. Shocking. I know. I think the prospect of not having to do much cleaning for the rest of the week was very promising to them. They've worked so hard this morning, and I'm so impressed with how much we all got done by working together.


:: Josh mopped the kitchen floor

:: Jake cleaned windows

:: Hannah cleaned the kids' bathroom

:: I cleaned out the winter coats box

:: Jake picked up all the toys and books in the living room and put them away

:: Hannah sorted through all of the shoes in the laundry room, hanging up the good ones and tossing the un-needed pairs into a bag for donation...then she mopped the very deserving laundry room floor

:: I got a jump start on washing all the bedding

:: I also started the rest of the regular old laundry

:: Josh unloaded the dishwasher

:: Hannah loaded

:: I cleaned my disgusting Master bathroom...to say that I've neglected it for a couple of weeks wouldn't be a stretch

:: Josh vacuumed the stairs and the upstairs bedrooms


Next on the list this week:

:: Get the area on the side of the house garden ready


As for play:

:: A trip or two to the library

:: Play dates

:: Sleepovers with cousins

:: A picnic (hoping the weather cooperates)

:: Family date with dad on Wednesday

:: We're open for possibilities

8 Thoughts:

Kris said...

Wow, you got a TON accomplished. Sounds fun. Have a fun Spring Break.

Lisa Christine said...

I am just gearing up to write a list of the to-do's for the week. You've got me inspired!

MadMadameMim said...

awesome. I will pray for healthy kids and no snow, since it doesn't make for a great spring break from my experience.

Amy said...

Nice job! That's so great that you got everyone working! Have a great week!

Sarah said...

That is awesome you were able to get everyone to pitch in like that, it makes it kind of fun when you're working as a team. I remember when I was a kid, my mom would make each of us a little list and stick it on our bedroom door. Hope you're having a fun week!

Andre said...

So, yesterday while you were cleaning your rear off, I was, uh, playing the Wii for four hours straight. Can I use the pregnancy card to excuse that I am a lazy, fat blob with no energy?

Nielsen Family said...

You are so good at blogging. I love looking at your posts. PLEASE come and visit us anytime. We would love to have the boys all go fishing in our pond. Spencer would love it.

Casee said...

Sounds like a great week to me!