Friday, June 19, 2009

Attempting.

Lisa wants to know what our summer goals are. Attempting to sew one of these cuties is one of mine.

Being the extremely novice sewer-girl that I am, this goal might just take all summer long, but it's worth it. Look at how cute this bag is! Thanks again Michelle, for sending me the pattern, I can't wait to finally get started.

Wish me luck!

13 Thoughts:

Amy said...

Cute! If you need any help, let me know.
So I love how you wrote sewer-girl... lol. I almost wrote sewer in a comment once until i realized how you actually pronounce that. I quickly realized why they say "seamstress". lol

Tim & Haley said...

I've made a couple of these so I offer help as well.

tharker said...

Oh, Amy that's hilarious! I didn't even think of it. Sewer-girl could be construed as a girl who lives in the sewer...not just a seamstress...too funny!

AOlson said...

This is kinda weird/funny! I ws JUST thinking the other day that I was gonna run down and get myself a pattern and make one of this nifty, cute little bags. I too am a novice sewer-girl (LOL). I have an OLD machine that was given to me that I need to take in to get fixed a bit, then I think I will attempt to make mine too!!

Brooklet said...

I can't wait to see the final product- it is actually a pretty simple pattern that I am sure you will master! Good luck!

::lindsay said...

It's so so cute. I want the pattern for that too.

PRP said...

See, I don't want the pattern or to even try to learn to do it...I just want someone to make it for me. Is that bad?

Can't wait to see the final product!

Andre said...

That's a good project. I'm here if you need help.

Janna G said...

I would love to get the pattern for that too. it is so cute! Can't wait to see your fabric choices.

Emily said...

That bag is way cute! It's funny, because my mom gave me a sewing machine for my birthday a few years ago, brand spanking new, and have hardly used it. Lately, I've been in the mood to experiment and make something cute like this!

Kris said...

I'm like Karen. Just want the product. Good Luck Tiff. You will do an amazing job! Love the pattern.

Lisa Christine said...

That bag is gorgeous! I think that you should sew an extra for a giveaway :)

(thanks for the shout-out! I loved seeing what your summer goal is!)

Casee said...

Oh, I love these bags... how I wish I knew how to sew! Good luck, I am sure it will turn out great!