Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Feeling...

:: Much better than a few weeks ago. Still have the occasional surprise run to the bathroom, but most of the time, I feel pretty good.


:: Large and in charge. I've had a handful of people mention that there can't possibly be only ONE baby in there. Sorry to disappoint, but so far, we've only heard one heartbeat. I'm afraid my big belly is a direct result of my extreme love of food...that's all. Oh, and I guess it could have something to do with the fact that I'm having my FOURTH baby....but it's probably the food.


:: Nervous for my upcoming ultrasound in a few weeks. I need to know that this baby is healthy. I feel like a ball of nerves and will continue to feel that way until July 17th.


:: Anxious to know the sex of this little one. I didn't want to find out at first, but Spencer quickly reminded me that we got rid of all of our baby stuff a couple of years ago, and we have nothing for the babe to even come home in. I guess we'll be finding out after all, so we can prepare. First and foremost, I want a healthy baby, but shortly after that on the list, I would really, really love having another little girl. There. I said it. So, that means it's most likely a boy. Whatever the sex is, I know I'll be head over heels in love.


:: Ready to start feeling movement. I'm 15 weeks now, and this stage of pregnancy is always a bit tricky for me. While I'm so happy not to be feeling sick anymore, it was a nice reminder that baby was doing well deep inside my belly. Now those symptoms are gone, and even though baby can move, I can't feel it yet. I'm so ready to begin feeling those flutters and kicks.


:: Stumped by names. Why is naming a child so hard? I like Ruth, (how cute is Ruthie?!) Rachel, Rebecca, Naomi, and Eva (Eva is Spencer's Grandma's name...and it's derived from Eve...). For boys, I like Noah, and Nathan. We never really intended to name all of our children after Old Testament names, but it just sort of happened. Spencer really likes Joseph, but I cannot do Joshua, Jacob, and Joseph. I already have the hardest time keeping Josh and Jake's names straight, I can't add another J in there! Naming kids is hard, I tell ya!


:: In disbelief (still) that I'm actually doing this. I'm having another baby...six years after my last one. I've had several years of blissful, uninterrupted sleep. Several years of not child proofing my home. Several years of not spoon feeding a child. What am I doing? I'm totally starting over! While these questions are constantly floating around in my head, I'm also so excited I can hardly stand it. You can imagine the crazy, happy mess that my head is right now!

21 Thoughts:

Michelle said...

Wow! Fifteen weeks already? I'm very excited for you and hope that you are expecting a healthy baby girl. :) If so, you have a yes vote from me on Ruthie. Our next door neighbor in Montana was a lady in her seventies and her name was Ruthie. We LOVED her so much, and it's a cute name for a little one, too!

Sarah said...

I feel like I'm showing really early with this baby too. I've been dreading pulling out my box of maternity clothes from the garage. I guess I could say ditto to almost all of your feelings, the naming thing is sure hard too. So glad you are feeling better!

Chelsea said...

Ruth is such a cute name. We still don't have a name picked out and we've only got 16 or so days to figure it out!

Don't you love the things people say to you about your prego tummy? I just love it when men tell me I look like I'm going to pop. I feel like popping them one!

Lisa Christine said...

What a special time :) I love naming babies....too bad my baby days are over. :(

I wish that I had seen you at the recital the other day....I want to see your cute pregnant belly!

Glad everything is going well!

Emily said...

This just got me so excited for you all over again!!

PRP said...

A) Everything you're feeling is normal and B) everything with this little one will be perfect. I'm so excited to watch you take this journey!

Andre said...

Since I have a newborn to take care five years since my last, I can tell you that you're in for a wake up call! And you'll get it several times a night. My hardest adjustment has been the lack of sleep. I'm used to getting ten hours of sleep a night. I don't get that much anymore.

(I also typed this entire comment with one hand. Baby Colby is being held by the other.) Love ya!

Andre said...

Prayer works to calm your worries. Keep praying.

Kristi said...

For names, I especially liked two of your suggestions for a girl, #1 Ruthie, and #2 Eva. For a boy, I like Noah. Some other boy names from the OT that would work today are Seth, Isaac, Asher, Benjamin, and Micah. I hope it's a girl, too. It was good to see you the other night. You look so cute pregnant! (No surprise there.)

Kris said...

I'm so excited for you. After talking with you yesterday, I am hoping that you get your girl. Just the excitement in your voice, told me how thrilled you would be! I hope these next few weeks fly by, til your ultrasound date. I'm so excited for you!!

Amy said...

Ruthie sounds absolutely adorable. Ruthie Harker? How cute is that! And I love Nathan for a boy... that is my brother's name. I know all about getting names mixed up. My number one rule was having all kids with their own initial.
I am so excited for you! I hope and pray that all is well with your little baby!

Janna G said...

naming a baby is hard because you are branding your child for the rest of their lives. I can honestly say that I would not be the same person i am now if my name was not Janna. Having to explain how to say and where my name is from has made me less shy. I love the name Ruth it is on my list also. It is my grandmothers name, it is also my favorite bible story. although her mother-in-law must have been much easier to get along with then mine.
I am so excited for you and this adventure.I can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes.

AOlson said...

This was just plain fun to read. I hope you keep "journaling" your pregnancy on blogger so we can all be there with you every step of the way. So extremely happy for you:)

SuzanSayz said...

It took me three more pregancies to get my second girl. The odds are looking good Tiffani.
My name choices sure have changed a lot over my mothering career.
Two of my current most favorite girl names are Natalie and Monica. Tough luck that I'll never be able to use them.
Well I guess if we ever get another cat.

Marilyn said...

I haven't even seen you once since you've announced being pregnant, I don't think so anyways. Hopefully I'll see you sometime soon though.

And as far as names, I think you've picked out some good ones, and I especially love Ruth, Eva, and Noah.

Casee said...

So glad you are feeling better, but I remember feeling the same way... not knowing if everything is OK because I didn't feel sick all the time, but I couldn't feel the baby moving yet. I was a mess, but he was fine and I am sure your little one is too. I can't even imagine you being large and in charge! Don't let those comments get to you, I know that can be hard to do, but I am sure you look fabulous, so you have nothing to worry about. Naming is tough. Luckily for us, Matt knew what he wanted to name a little boy (although we did contemplate Noah as well, maybe next time), and I loved the name that we chose, so it was fairly easy for us. But I remember having many conversations where I would suggest a name, and he didn't really like anything I came up with. I am just glad we had a family member with a good strong name to name our little one after. I love Ruth, that is my grandma's name, so that one gets my vote. But I also really like Eva, and since it is a family name, I would suggest that one as well. As far as starting over, I know that you are nervous (and also thrilled), but you will do great. And I am sure once the little one gets here, you will not know what you ever did without him or her. You are a fabulous mom and this little one is very blessed to be coming to your family. Keep us updated. (Wow, that was a long comment, sorry.)

Ms. Kristen said...

I love Ruth or Nathan! Can't wait!

Heather said...

So exciting... I'm so glad I get to live through you rather than be pregnant again. You look amazing, and have a smaller tummy than me so I don't want to hear it.

Shellie said...

I love Ruth (and Ruthie). It's a classic! Hoping July 17th comes fast for you.

hatch said...

I love Ruth (that was my grandma's name and she was awesome) Noah is cute too. I am excited for when you find out if you are having a boy or a girl.

Shells said...

My vote is for Eva. Such a cute name.

Thanks for letting us crash your house. I hope we didn't leave too big of a mess behind. Counting down the days til the reunion.