Monday, June 01, 2009

They all thought 4 wheeling was the coolest thing in the world!

This is what Jared and Michelle get to wake up to every single morning.

The house.

So gorgeous! {even with all the Bobcats and Cougars that live up there....so scary to me.}

Jared and Michelle's pond just below the house.

We also went to the beach after the Redwoods, but my memory card was full, so I don't have any pictures. I might have to snag some from Michelle. The kids loved playing in the sand, and in the frigid water. Josh and Jaxen found a Starfish and put it on each other's heads. Boys will be boys. We roasted hot dogs on the beach and the kids had a ball.

Thanks go to Jared and Michelle for hosting us. We had such a great time together, and can't wait to see them again!

16 Thoughts:

Chelsea said...

What a fun trip. Looks like you couldn't have asked for better weather. I forgot to ask how you connected my Uncle Brian to us....remind me on Sunday.

PRP said...

The pictures are beautiful. So glad you guys had such a great family vacation!

AOlson said...

That vacation looks amazing!! Kevin was a bit jealous I have to say. He has always wanted to go there. How fun!!

Amy said...

What an awesome trip! I love the Redwoods! I have been there before. It is AMAZING how old and HUGE those trees are! Glad you had a great trip, and glad you are back!

Heather said...

Looks amaziiiing.

PS... just so ya know- you can go back and upload more pictures after the initial 5.... so you don't have to do separate posts. Unless of course your goal was to fill up our google readers. Love you Tiff!

Emily said...

Wow! What an amazing trip and beautiful pictures! I grew up not too far from there but never even went to visit the Redwoods. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

tharker said...

Dang! Heather figured out my master plan...to fill every one of your google readers with my bazillion posts in one day. Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag, Heather ;)

Just kidding. Really, though, thanks for the tip. I've always been so annoyed that I could only fit 5 pictures in a post, and I figured this was the only way to post all the pictures I wanted. I will definitely be trying it next time. Thanks again Heather!

Yeah, yeah...call me blogger retarded. I'm sure everyone and their dog knew this already ;)

Marilyn said...

What a fun trip, that area is where Brandon's family is from and I have never been there before but Brandon always tells me how gorgeous it is down there.

Casee said...

I love the Redwoods. Matt and I took a trip there last Memorial Day weekend, and those trees are truly amazing! It looks like a fabulous trip. I am so glad you were able to get away and that you all had a great time. And I am glad you are back, I've missed you!

Lisa Christine said...

What a vacation! We haven't been to the redwoods since Alexandra was 5 months old.....now you have me planning another trip! :)

dandee said...

The redwoods are amazing! So glad you were able to get away and have a fun family vacation.

Sarah said...

What beautiful scenery and surroundings you guys were lucky enough to be in. It looks beautiful. That is so fun you were able to get away for a family trip. Hope you are feeling better!

Nielsen Family said...

WE LOVED HAVING YOU ALL HERE! PLEASE COME AGAIN. WE MISS YOU SO MUCH. AND I MIGHT HAVE TO STEAL YOUR POST and use it on my blog! LOVES

Elizabeth said...

I've always wanted to see the redwoods. This renewed that wish. :)

Jodi said...

Looks like a great family trip. It's been about 30 years since I've been there, but I totally remember how amazing the redwoods were. And Jared Nielsen?? I haven't seen him for YEARS. Crazy!

Kris said...

I loved looking at all of these pictures Tiffani. What a fun trip! Apparently, my blogging break that I took included not posting comments on your blog. I'm catching up today! I would love to go see the Redwoods! Love all the cute pictures of the kids!