I've got it all planned out. You know. Labor. And of course everything will go just as I've planned it.
Next Wednesday (the 25th) I will be 38 weeks. I have an appointment with my doctor that morning. Here's how it will all go down. He'll check me, and to his astonishment, I will be dilated to 3-4 centimeters and 80% effaced. He will tell me to go home, grab my husband and my stuff, send my children to Grandma's, and meet him at the hospital. (He's already told me that he's on call that day) I'll arrive there in the afternoon, he'll break my water, and maybe sometime around midnight, baby girl will arrive. No drugs, no intervention. Smooth. Easy.
Okay, so I'm totally living in La-La Land. I'm sure it will go nothing like this, (except the no drugs and no intervention part...I'm firm on both of these) but a girl can dream can't she?
Monday, November 16, 2009
My Ideal.
Posted by tharker at 8:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 Thoughts:
Crossing my fingers for you!
Good luck with their plan! Just keep thinking, "I think I can, I think I can."
The plan sounds good to me. Is next week thanksgiving?? If you are in the hospital for thanksgiving, make sure someone sneaks you some butterhorn rolls. We have no plans here at our house; just hoping all the girls (who are sick) get better before the baby comes. I'm due tomorrow and it really still hasn't hit me that we are going to have a baby soon. i guess that is the procrastinator in me.
You go girl!! I hope it does work out for you the way you want it.
Just don't be too disappointed if it doesn't go that way. I thought Colby wouldn't take long to come but I still went through 15 hours of labor. With drugs. Really, no drugs? You are stronger than I am.
Let me know how that works out for you...:)
You rock, you can do the drug free birth. I did it twice and my body recovered so quickly and my baby did so well. Sending all my good baby thoughts your way.
I'll be crossing my fingers for you as well! I'm sure you are as excited to meet her as we are :) Good luck!
You can do it! Here's wishing you the labor of your dreams! But mostly a happy healthy girl!
I did it drugfree 3 times, so can you!
YOU CAN DO IT!
i will pray for you.
Who knows....it might just go as planned. Let's hope!
I went through how I wanted it all to go down too. Doesn't every expectant mom? I am hoping it goes just as you're wanting it too, and I can't wait to hear the arrival news.
Did you go natural with any of the other kids? I think it is an amazing and lovely experience.
Oh...and I want to hear about Elder Holland visiting your stake. I always love hearing him speak.
Oops...I meant, "...wanting it to."
Oh well. You knew what I meant.
Good luck! You can do it.
Go drug free birth!! Jeff's been wondering if you guys have had your baby because he said he can't get ahold of Spencer.
Post a Comment