So, nursing. I love it. I love the bond I feel with my sweet baby. I love to look at her fat cheeks, and know that I'm providing what she needs to grow and thrive. I love the way that nursing helps me rid some of the baby weight. All around, it's great. (once you get past those horrible first few weeks of pain, and engorgement, that is)
What I don't love so much about nursing is the havoc it wreaks on my body. Namely, the uh...gravitational pull that it wreaks on my body. You know what I'm saying? I know you do.
Case in point.
Last Saturday evening, I was invited to a birthday shin dig for a girl in my ward. Originally, I wasn't going to be able to attend, but plans changed and I found myself free to go celebrate. It was as if the stars were in alignment. The baby went to bed early without so much as a grunt, and the other children were happy as clowns, watching a movie with dad.
I sat there wondering if I should indeed change out of my "comfies" (Lindsay's word) and head over to the party for a bit. When I voiced my thoughts to Spencer, he immediately said that I should go. He knows that I've been feeling a bit cabin fever-ish lately, and thought it would be good for me to get out for a bit. He even told me to not worry about the baby, to just go and have fun. (first time leaving the baby for me...I was a bit nervous)
So here I am feeling so appreciative for this good man who knew just what I needed, when he gives me the once over, and pipes in with this little gem of advice, "Well, you might want to put a bra on before you leave."
"Um...I am wearing a bra. Thanks."
Ah, the joys of nursing.
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
A day in the life of a nursing mother.
Posted by tharker at 1:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 Thoughts:
LOL! ooh, dog house tonight! I am sorry Tiff :) so funny though!
Best story ever.
This was so my life a few weeks ago. Hang in there! (Literally)
Ouch. Yes, the gravitational pull is an enemy to all of us nursing mothers, but I am sure you are looking fabulous anyway. Loved this story, thanks for sharing!
LOL. Oh Tiff, that is just so awesome- wish mothering was a little more awesome for our bodies!
OK, seriously Spencer? Tiff is pretty comfy around us but she's not so carnie she would leave the house without a bra! Glad you got to sneak over.
I am sorry, but that is hilarious!!
It rates right up there with the story of the Valentines Day flowers from the dumpster!!
You two crack me up!
That.is.hilarious. lol.
At least he was trying to look out for you! Oh my. It just doesn't get any better than that.
I am glad that he encouraged you to come to the birthday party...because we had fun, but seriously?? Great story.
the great thing is that when your done in a few more months they'll shrink so much you may not even need a bra.
Just look at the bright side ;)
Thanks for having us over last week. It was just what I needed, and Taz seemed to love it too. We'll have to do it again sometimes soon.
Ouch. Good story though. Still laughing!!
Hahaha...Been there...I know the look and the tone in response. Men...they say the darndest things.
Tiffani leave the house without a bra?? Not happening.
I completely understand this one. i just went and got myself some new nursing bras that actually have underwire and actually lift them. Yesterday I felt like a whole new woman! (thank you Target)
funny story though!
I just busted out laughing it was so funny to hear someone say what I always feel.
true enough! good of him to be lookin' out for you though.
great story, i can fully appreciate
LOL... I hear ya! Another thing I love is the pastry bags it leaves behind....
too funny! I kind of miss the bonding that nursing provides. My longest "bonding" lasted 4 weeks. I gave up.
Love you, you are such a beautiful woman!
Post a Comment