Tuesday, June 01, 2010

The +'s and -'s of vacationing.

+ Splitting up the looong 10 hour drive to Utah. We stayed overnight in Boise, and are pretty much convinced that's the only way to go from now on.


+ Spencer got to go fishing with Al and another fishing buddy, Allen. Of course I can't tell you where exactly they went, because they only call it "No Where". {have to keep those precious fishing spots a secret}



+ Watching the Lost finale with Monica. SO good!



+ Cinnamon Rolls.



+ My kids playing endless games of "Percy Jackson" and "Indiana Jones" with their cousins.



+ The Cheesecake Factory, Cafe Rio and Five Guys. All in one week! {makes me yearn for better restaurants in our neck of the woods...} I had what I believe to be the best Bacon Cheeseburger ever at Five Guys. Serious yum factor goin on! Oh, and I may or may not have only had Avocado Egg rolls as my meal at The Cheesecake Factory. Okay, I did. And it was delicious! Follow that with my all time favorite, Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake....Oh, hello! I'm still stuffed.



+ Going to the new Church History Museum in Salt Lake City. Some might think it boring, but we really enjoyed it. Even the kids! I wish that we would have had more time to spend actually looking at the archives.



+ Finding the perfect wooden letters to spell Eva's name over her crib. For 4 bucks!



+ Eating BBQ Chicken Pizza and BBQ Margarita Pizza for the first time. I had no idea what I was missing out on! Thank you, Monica!!



+ A shopping trip to Downeast. The Rock Star Straight Leg Jeans are a new favorite for this girl! The fit is fantastic, and the pockets...oh, the pockets!



+ Laughing uncontrollably with my sisters in law.


+ Eva's first swim. She loved every second!


+ Touring a beautiful home built by my brother in law. I believe it won Best in Show in their Parade of Homes! If you're living in the Idaho Falls area, and are looking for a good builder, check out Harker Construction LLC. Eric is the contractor, and his wife, Sunny does all of the design. They are a great team, and have created some absolutely beautiful homes! I only wish they lived here!


+ Playing with my nieces and nephews. {we can't wait to see all of them at the upcoming reunion!}


+ Eva met her namesake for the first time. Her Great Grandma Eva. What a wonderful woman to be named after!


+ Staying up late chatting with Spencer's siblings and their spouses. Always a good time!



- One sick baby girl.


Yes, that's the only negative from our trip. We had a great time. Thanks so much Al & Monica, and Eric & Sunny for letting us invade your homes, and for such a great visit!

10 Thoughts:

Heather said...

Sounds like it was practically perfect. I'm dying to know if Spencer liked the avacado eggrolls. (remind me to tell you the story!)

PRP said...

I'm jealous of your menu...seriously, very sad I haven't had any of that in ages.

Oh! And the rest of the trip sounds good too

Brooklet said...

It sounds fun- though I am a little worried about Claire being left out of the Percy Jackson and Indiana Jones, because she doesn't know who those people are. I guess I should start prepping her. . .

It sounds like you had a great time (minus the sick baby, sorry!)

Casee said...

Oh so fun! And hello, why didn't you let me know you were coming to Utah? Next time, I guess!

Kris said...

What a great trip for your family. Nothing beats good food, late family visits, and lots of fun. Glad you guys had a great time.

tharker said...

Casee,

I feel like such a putz. Elizabeth gave me your phone number, and the DAY we were leaving for Utah, I was going through my old texts and deleted it! Stupid me! I really wanted to get together with you. Next time for sure, though!

Lisa Christine said...

Sounds like you got a jump start on summer vacation!

Elizabeth said...

I just wish we could have done lunch. ;(

Bummer.

I even thought about it after the fact, too. Sigh.

Casee said...

Tiffani,

No problem, I know how crazy vacation can be. But one of these days we will definitely have to set something up! Glad you had a good time.

p.s. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, I hope that I didn't.

tharker said...

Not at all, Casee. No worries!