Friday, November 19, 2010

10 Days of Thankfulness: Days 2 + 3.





So.  I started Day 2's post yesterday.  Clearly I didn't get very far.  So, why not combine Day 2 + 3?

Day 2 Thankfulness:

Writing.  I am so thankful for writing.  I do not have a math/science brain.  In school I always leaned toward the English/Lit. courses rather than math and science.  I loved writing, even creative writing.  I certainly am not a good writer, but I enjoy it so much. 

Something about penning your thoughts and sending out to the great beyond just makes me so happy.  I don't have much of a creative side, but I feel like writing is a good creative outlet for me, even if no one but myself reads it.

Day 3 Thankfulness:

Facebook.  Honestly.

Yes, I probably spend ridiculous amounts of time posting silly things on my status updates, but one thing that I have truly loved about Facebook is the chance to re-connect with old friends and even family members.  Specifically, my step-sister...now I just call her sister though.  She is about 10 years older than me, and left home when I was just a young girl.  She started her own family and then we moved away, widening the gap even further. 

Through the years, we lost contact with each other.  I would hear snippets of her family life from my parents, but not much else.  I always wondered how she was doing and if we would ever be able to grow a relationship. 

Enter Facebook.

Several months ago, we became "friends" and began to message each other back and forth.  It started out slowly and was a bit awkward, as we tried to fill each other in on the surface areas of our lives.  But over the months, it has blossomed into a true sisterhood and friendship.  One that I cherish.

Thank you Facebook.



2 Thoughts:

Andre said...

Hello Tiffani! Facebook is a weird thing to be thankful for, but after I read the entire post I understood better. That's pretty cool.

Lisa Christine said...

Facebook is a great way to get in touch. I am amazed at all the people that I have re-united with - that I am sure I otherwise would have never thought of again!